Love Your Lips: Natural Looking Lip Injections
Whether your lips have lost volume with age, you have naturally thin lips, or you would just like to enhance or change the size and shape of your lips, the options can be overwhelming. At GLOWAESTHETICS, Expert Physician Injector, Dr. Ashley DiMeola provides lip enhancement with hyaluronic acid dermal fillers. Lip injections are safe, effective, and offer you the beautiful lips you want, without the downtime of surgery.
Conveniently located to serve South Burlington, Burlington, and Stowe.
What are Lip Fillers?
Lips are one of the most defining facial features; they are often the first thing the eye is drawn to. With that in mind, many people want to add volume and plumpness to their lips without having to use excess makeup or undergo surgery.
Lip Enhancement may be for you if:
You want to fill in lines in the lips
- You want to change the shape of your lips
- Your lips have lost volume and texture with age
- You wish to add hydration and smoothness to your lips
What to Expect During a Lip Enhancement Treatment
During your consultation, Dr. DiMeola will examine the shape, size, and texture of your lips. Depending on your aesthetic goals, we will decide whether a product from the Juvederm or Restylane family is the best filler option for you. Furthermore, depending on the amount of enhancement you wish, she may use a different amount of product, though most patients only require one syringe.
How Should I Prepare for My Lip Filler Appointment
For optimal results and to minimize the chance of bleeding or bruising at the injection site, please AVOID:
all blood thinning medications or supplements for one week prior to your appointment. This includes OTC medication such as aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, herbal supplements such as garlic, St. John’s Wort and Omega-3 capsules
- topical retinols, Tretinoin (Retin-A), retinoids, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, or any ‘anti-aging’ products for 2 days before and after treatment
- alcoholic beverages 24 hours before or after your treatment
Please inform our office 802.338.9599 if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy (Valtrex 500mg BID, 5 days, start 2 days prior to treatment)
What is Aftercare for My Lip Filler Appointment?
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area unless instructed by Dr. DiMeola
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours
- Avoid consuming excessive amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excessive swelling
- If you have swelling, you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour
- Use tylenol (acetaminophen) for discomfort
- Try to sleep face-up and slightly elevated
- Take Arnica to help with any bruising or swelling
- Wait a minimum of 4 weeks before skincare or laser treatments unless cleared with Dr. DiMeola
Please call our office 802.338.9599 to notify us with any concerns.
Bringing you Best-in-Class Beauty
The "GLOW" Team is comprised of experienced, talented and warm professionals who are dedicated to promoting inner and outer beauty. Our passion for creating a meaningful and relaxing experience for clients is what sets us apart. At GLOWAESTHETICS Medical Spa + Beauty Boutique, we love our craft and it truly shows in all of our treatments and client experience.
What our patients have to say